2020 Annual State Conference
SHRM HAWAII 2020: Inside Out Leadership
The 2020 SHRM Hawaii Annual Conference is going VIRTUAL. The live event will be on Friday, October 2nd, 2020. Tailor your experience with breakout sessions across our Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, Organizational Development, and Leadership Development tracks and learn from our diverse and influential experts. This virtual conference will be pre-approved for SHRM and HRCI professional development credits.
See full event details at: www.shrmhawaii2020conference.com
Lead the Way: The Power in Personal Purpose (Morning Keynote 8:00 - 9:15)
Going All In (Afternoon Keynote 1:45 - 2:45)
- Robb Holman, Leadership Expert, Executive Coach, Podcast Co-host, and Bestselling Author
HR’s New Leadership Imperatives (12:45 - 1:30)
- Johnny C. Taylor, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer of SHRM
TALENT ACQUISITION SESSIONS
Talent Strategies for the Year Ahead (9:30 - 10:30)
- Jill Kagawa, Talent Acquisition and Employee Relations Manager at Central Pacific Bank
- Lillian Kawano, Talent Acquisition and Development Manager at Servco Pacific Inc.
- Cindy Paguyo, Workforce Staffing and Development Advisor at Hawaiʻi Pacific Health
- Marie Kumabe, Principal and Owner of Kumabe HR (Moderator)
Technology for Talent Acquisition (10:45 - 11:45)
- Eric Heenan, President at Alakaʻi Executive Search
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT SESSIONS
Self-Management in Turbulent Times (9:30 - 10:30)
- Kathy Ray, Owner of Kathy Ray Consulting
Meaningful Training in a Virtual Environment (10:45 - 11:45)
- Dana Arakawa, Organizational Development Consultant and Social Psychologist
- Patricia Echeverria, High School Science Teacher at Kamehameha Schools
- Chad Ortega, Store Manager at Microsoft Store Honolulu
- Ku’ulani Keohokalole, Owner of People Strategies Hawaiʻi (Moderator)
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT SESSIONS
HR’s Defining Role in Leading and Managing Change (9:30 - 10:30)
- Maile Alau, Leadership and Organizational Development Associate, Kaiser Permanente
- Eric Hieger, Head of Leadership and Organizational Development at Kaiser Permanente
- Julianne Odo, Leadership and Organizational Development, Kaiser Permanente
Mastering Change to Develop Resiliency (10:45 - 11:45)
- Alice Inoue, Founder of Happiness U
Horizon Scanning: A Powerful Tool for Setting Business Direction in an Unpredictable Environment (9:30 - 11:45)
- Patrick R. Powaser, Founder and President of Hoʻohana Partners LLC
LEGAL UPDATE MEGA SESSION
2020 Legal Review of Federal and State Laws Impacting Businesses (3:15 - 4:15)
- Joseph A. Ernst, Director at Torkildson Katz Hetherington Harris Knorek Law Corporation
- Amanda M. Jones, Partner at Cades Schutte LLP
- John L. Knorek, Partner at Torkildson Katz Hetherington Harris Knorek Law Corporation
Robb Holman is an internationally recognized leadership expert, executive coach, keynote speaker, podcast co-host, and bestselling author. Robb has a heart for authentic relationships and a talent for equipping professionals with the skills and knowledge needed for true success.
As a lifelong serial entrepreneur, Robb has founded numerous, highly influential organizations, both for-profit as well as non-profit. In addition, he is the CEO of Holman International, a global leadership consultancy revolutionizing the way business leaders operate. Robb's work has been featured in publications like Inc., Forbes, and Fast Company and endorsed by many of the world's top leadership thinkers.
With passion and exuberance, Robb’s dynamic teaching style has successfully led thousands of business owners, executives, and leaders through his exclusive and proprietary method of Inside Out Leadership™ Coaching. As Robb's clients learn how to connect with their unique life purpose more intimately, they are finding success in a way they never expected - from the inside out!
SHRM National Speaker
Johnny C. Taylor, Jr., SHRM-SCP, is President and Chief Executive Officer of SHRM, the Society for Human Resource Management. With over 300,000 members in 165 countries, SHRM is the largest HR professional association in the world, impacting the lives of 115 million workers every day.
As a global leader on the future of employment, culture and leadership, Mr. Taylor is a sought-after voice on all matters affecting work, workers and the workplace. He is frequently asked to testify before Congress on critical workforce issues and authors a weekly column, "Ask HR," in USA Today.
Mr. Taylor's career spans over 20 years as a lawyer, human resources executive and CEO in both the not-for-profit and for-profit space. He has held senior and chief executive roles at IAC/Interactive Corp, Viacom's Paramount Pictures and Blockbuster Entertainment Group, McGuireWoods LLC, and Compass Group USA. Most recently, Mr. Taylor was President and Chief Executive Officer of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund.
He is a member of the White House American Workforce Policy Advisory Board and was appointed by President Donald Trump as Chairman of the President's Advisory Board on Historically Black Colleges and Universities. He serves on the boards of the University of Miami, Jobs for America's Graduates and the American Red Cross and as an adviser to Safe Streets & Second Chances. He is licensed to practice law in Florida, Illinois and Washington, D.C.
EXECUTIVE TRACK SESSION**
SHRM Hawaii is excited to offer a special executive breakout session for any HR professional* who meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Holds a senior level HR certification (i.e. SHRM-SCP, SPHR),
- Holds a senior title (i.e. CHRO, VP, Director, Senior, etc), or
- Has strong interest in the path to becoming part of the C Suite
ALL ACCESS RECORDING**
Have a conflicting schedule? Want to hear the speakers more than once? This add-on will grant you replay access to recordings of all of the sessions.
**Only available as an add-on to full conference registration.
$79.00 All access recording package (add-on)